Drive solutions with ASi-5 – short cycle times and high data bandwidth
AS-Interface (ASi) has long been an established feature of drive control. This is where the advantages of the globally standardized wiring system are especially conspicuous: the simplest installation thanks to the piercing technology, free selection of topologies, high flexibility and low costs.
For many years Bihl+Wiedemann has been offering the ideal drive solution for many different applications – including roller drives, AC drives with and without frequency converter, as well as for 24 V motors. Our range of solutions is focused on leading manufacturers such as Lenze, SEW-Eurodrive, Itoh Denki, Interroll, NORD DRIVESYSTEMS and RULMECA. We also develop custom ASi solutions on request.
Many of our new motor modules are based on ASi-5, the newest generation of AS-Interface, which features a short cycle time and high data bandwidth: up to 384 digital in- and 384 digital outputs can be controlled in just 1.27 ms with a process data width of from 16 bits to 32 bytes.
The advantages of our ASi-5 motor modules
- Integration of smart drives using ASi-5 Modules with integrated IO-Link Master
- Additional digital inputs for connecting the needed sensors
- Cyclical writing of speeds and ramps with a resolution of 16 bits
- Acceleration and deceleration settable for each individual object
- Efficient control of 24 V and 48 V motors since the AUX line provides 20 W, 35 W or up to 50 W
- Detailed, channel-specific diagnostics makes it possible to individually detect an output short circuit or overload on the sensor supply for each terminal